Happy New Year!
Dear Bevy & Dave family,
I hope this letter finds you and your family safe and healthy. Thank you for your support and patience over this past year. The unprecedented events of 2020 slowed down many processes, especially with shipping, but you have been kind and understanding, thank you!
Year in Review
Although 2020 was met with many challenges, we were grateful to release two additional educational puzzles and a tote to store them in. We were featured in local, national, and international media outlets including, NBC, Voice of America (VOA), and Good Morning America (GMA3).
- In 2020 we were also blessed with a cash prize from a GMA3 contest and a few grants from various organizations.
- We created a Grandparent Ambassador program to expand our village and give our elders a platform to do what they do best, share wisdom, and develop leaders.
- Established a monthly live Zoom/Facebook chat with the Bevy & Dave community.
- Hired our first part-time employee and several interns.
- We introduced a new company tradition, the “Oral History Challenge.” We were honored to listen to your stories and family history. We even had the opportunity to talk with Civil Rights Activist John “JT” Johnson. If you want to hear his story and our other great interviews, please visit our Instagram page. If you are not familiar with Mr. Johnson, please click the link here and here to learn more.
- Lastly, we closed out 2020 by partnering with and financially contributed to Pearls Empowerment Inc., a Northern Virginia nonprofit organization committed to mentoring and empowering young girls.
None of this would have been possible without your support. Thank you for believing in our mission and for welcoming Bevy & Dave into your lives. We are forever grateful. We want you to know that we are committed to raising leaders through the remarkable stories in Black history. Through education, inspiration, and empowerment, we are confident that the next generation will be equipped to be their best selves and reach their full potential.
We have great things planned for 2021. At the appropriate time, we will share all the good news with you, in the meantime, we hope you continue to enjoy the available learning tools. Thank you again for supporting Bevy & Dave. If you have any questions or comments, email us at email@example.com
Below is a video that gave us abundant joy this past Christmas. We hope it lifts your spirit too.