- Bevy & Dave was launched October 14th, 2016 in Ashburn, VA as a history and leadership toy company.
- Tiffney T. Laing is the founder and owner of Bevy & Dave, LLC. She founded the company to provide learning tools for young children, parents and teachers alike to use as a creative approach to learning and teaching Black history and self- leadership skills.
- In 2016 the company was originally launched with the name Ancestors & Descendants. The name was soon changed after realizing it was difficult for customers to say and remember.
- The mission of Bevy & Dave is to change the narrative of Black history and build leaders. Our educational toys are instruments to educate, inspire and empower children to be their best self.
- Within Bevy & Dave’s first exhibition year, its flagship toy, the “History Makers Puzzle Block Set (HMPBS),” was a finalist for 2018 Toy of the Year Award, Rookie category, and is the winner of the 2018 Product of the Year Award by Creative Child Magazine and the 2018 Family Choice award.
- Bevy & Dave has five educational toys. The flagship product, the History Makers Puzzle Block Set, is currently on the market in numerous states through various retailers including: museums, historic sites, toy stores, grocery stores and online via the company website. The toy is also sold internationally in Trinidad and Tobago.
Tiffney T. Laing is the founder of Bevy & Dave, an educational toy company devoted to changing the narrative of Black history and building leaders. For many years she was concerned about the presentation of Black history in school textbooks and teaching materials. With the belief that one’s perception of history shapes and impacts their worldview and their level of achievement, she decided to create children’s toys as learning tools.
Tiffney was reminded that children learn through play after her daughter was born. Soon after, Bevy & Dave was created to educate, inspire and empower children to be their best selves. Bevy & Dave toys are made for preschool-elementary age students and they serve as teaching tools for parents and teachers alike to share Black history through the lens of self-leadership, which focuses on achievements and contributions to our society.
Before becoming a toymaker, Tiffney served in higher education as an administrator and instructor of leadership studies.
Tiffney's unique and unconventional work has been recognized among industry peers and featured in various media platforms, including Good Morning America with Strahan, Sara, and Keke and MSNBC with Stephanie Ruhle. Within Bevy & Dave’s first exhibition year, its flagship toy, the “History Makers Puzzle Block Set (HMPBS),” was a finalist for Toy of the Year Award, Rookie category, and is the winner of the 2018 Product of the Year Award by Creative Child Magazine and the 2018 Family Choice award.
Contact: Tiffney T. Laing, Founder/Owner