- Bevy & Dave was launched October 14th, 2016 in Ashburn, VA as a history and leadership toy company.
- Tiffney T. Laing is the founder and owner of Bevy & Dave, LLC. She founded the company to provide learning tools for young children, parents and teachers alike to use as a creative approach to learning and teaching Black history and self- leadership skills.
- In 2016 the company was originally launched with the name Ancestors & Descendants. The name was soon changed after realizing it was difficult for customers to say and remember.
- The mission of Bevy & Dave is to change the narrative of Black history and build leaders. Our educational toys are instruments to educate, inspire and empower children to be their best self.
- Within Bevy & Dave’s first exhibition year, its flagship toy, the “History Makers Puzzle Block Set (HMPBS),” was a finalist for 2018 Toy of the Year Award, Rookie category, and is the winner of the 2018 Product of the Year Award by Creative Child Magazine and the 2018 Family Choice award.
- Bevy & Dave has five educational toys. The flagship product, the History Makers Puzzle Block Set, is currently on the market in numerous states through various retailers including: museums, historic sites, toy stores, grocery stores and online via the company website. The toy is also sold internationally in Trinidad and Tobago.
Tiffney T. Laing is a former college educator with more than 17 years of experience developing student leaders as an administrator and instructor of leadership studies. She is also the founder and owner of Bevy & Dave, an educational toy company and the creator of the multi award-winning “History Makers Puzzle Block Set.” After years of frustration with the presentation of Black history in school textbooks, classrooms and teaching materials, Tiffney decided to focus on solutions.
With the belief that one's perception of history shapes and impacts their worldview and their level of achievement, Tiffney decided to create children toys as learning tools to share history through the lens of self-leadership, which focuses on achievements and contributions. Bevy & Dave was soon born to help change the narrative of Black history and build leaders through the power of play. Tiffney hopes Bevy & Dave's tools will serve as instruments to educate, inspire and empower children to be their best selves.
Tiffney’s unique and unconventional work has been featured on numerous media platforms, including Good Morning America with Strahan, Sara and Keke and MSNBC with Stephanie Ruhle. Within Bevy & Dave’s first exhibition year, its flagship toy, the “History Makers Puzzle Block Set (HMPBS),” was a finalist for Toy of the Year Award, Rookie category, and is the winner of the 2018 Product of the Year Award by Creative Child Magazine, and the 2018 Family Choice award. You can find the HMPBS in retailers including, museums, historic sites, and toy stores across the nation and in Trinidad and Tobago.
Contact: Tiffney T. Laing, Founder/Owner